Welcome to the Delany Archive
The Delany Archive cares for the archival collections of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kildare & Leighlin, the Patrician Brothers, Brigidine Sisters and Carlow College.
The rationale for the bringing together of these collections in the Delany Archive was the involvement with each of Dr Daniel Delany (1747-1814). He served as Bishop of Kildare & Leighlin during the period 1787-1814.
The Delany Archive is located at Carlow College (St Patrick’s). We are open to researchers. Please Contact us to make an appointment to visit. Further information about our Collections is available here.
We are interested in collecting further material to develop our collections. Donations of material are welcome from persons and organisations associated with the Delany Archive partners, for example, priests and members of religious congregations, parishes, schools and alumni. Please Contact us for further information.